Monday, December 17, 2012

FINCHERS HENCHMEN in MARTIN TENNESSEE





In Martin Tennessee, they rallied at Congressman Stephen Fincher's office and according to one participant, they were met by "hecklers" who "ridiculed working men and women who don't want their taxes to go up." More from an eyewitness writing for The Rural Progress blog:
 
"Today, my husband and I joined a small group of concerned citizens and tried to hold a peaceful demonstration at the Martin field office of Congressman Stephen Fincher. We were greeted with threats of violence.

When my husband and  I arrived I was a little nervous - there were hecklers. Who would heckle an "Anti-Tax Hike" demonstration?
That's kind of a weird. I really thought they must just be there to watch.

So off we went, marching down Lindell Street past the new fountain in the park...And I was right, there they were -  a group of about 5 big guys waiting for us. They ridiculed working men and women who don't want their taxes to go up. It made no sense. I really couldn't believe what I was watching. It was embarrassing. Five old white men booing and mocking and giving the thumbs down to a group of mostly middle aged women. The animosity was shocking and it felt genuine."
 
The Action is not just today, but ongoing - until members of Congress get it together and decide that cutting vital service programs and earned benefits like Social Security and Medicare is not an option.

"Democracy...is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch"!
Liberty...is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

EDITORIAL : CONGRESSMAN STEPHEN FINCHER OUGHTA BE ASHAMED !
 

No comments: