Sunday, April 15, 2012

ANDY HOLT 76th. DISTRICT TENNESSEE ~ RESPONSE TO FOOD TAX PETITION




ANDY HOLT`S (upper left) RESPONSE TO FOOD TAX PETITION !
Contact Rep. Holt here > rep.andrew.holt@capitol.tn.gov <

HB3761 is below !

Taxes, Sales - As introduced, reduces the state sales tax on food and food ingredients from 5.5 percent to 5.3 percent; requires that the local option sales tax, which under existing law can be in an amount of up to 2.75 percent, be at a rate that is a multiple of 0.25 percent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is a message that Rep. Andrew Holt(R) (TN-76) asked us to pass along in response to the petition “Eliminate Food Sales Tax” (http://signon.org/sign/eliminate-food-sales), which you signed. This message was sent through the SignOn.org system, and your email address has NOT been shared with the sender.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The below massage is from Rep. Andy Holt (R) 76th. District Tennessee:
Hello everyone, I wanted to say thanks for your interest and comments regarding the sales tax on food that we have here in the State of Tennessee. I did want to let each of you know that we took a first step today in what I hope will be a set of reductions on the food sales tax into the future. We passed HB3761 which will reduce the taxes Tennesseans pay on food and food ingredients. I will endeavor to continue to reduce this and other taxes in years to come. I hope each of you have a great day and please let me know if I can assist you in the future.

Andy Holt (R) 76th. District~Tennessee
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editorial : I realize that everyone who signed the "REDUCE SALES TAX ON FOOD PETITION" in Tennessee, received this. I hope you are as appalled as I am ? This is for those who did not sign it. HB3761 is a pure political attempt to fool you again with words. You can read about this bill HB3761 by clicking on the HB3761 at top of page. If this law pass`s the Senate ? Which I doubt. You as a food buying taxpayer, will never notice the tax reduction/difference. You can also access it here > HB3761 < While Rep. Holt, has said the right words, he has flim-flamed us again ! A 2 tenths reduction in Sales Tax on Food is almost laughable. This bill in the correct form would have been a real HELP, AID and ASSISTANCE to working Tennesseans. It is pure FLIM-FLAMED us AGAIN...OPPS, I`ve already said that ! Thanks, but NO THANKS REP. HOLT ! Try,Try Again !


"Democracy...is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch"!

Liberty...is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.


Fiat Lux












1 comment:

Bobby Brown said...

As always old Andy is a man of words. But I am not as dim witted as he thinks I am. He sent me the same message I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it is a really silly message.Like I said befor Andy is all for Andy and not for me and my family. The Republican has become so anti-famliy, it scares mefor my grandchildren.