Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Governor Haslam ~ Not Too Interested, Would`nt you Say ?




Governor Haslam Very Busy ?


What Happened to Jobs, Jobs, Jobs ?


I wrote this to him 1/21/11

Dear Governor Haslam ; 1/21/11

I write you in regard to the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Plant, in Union City Tennessee. There is a very real possibility that this plant will close in the near future. I am a concerned citizen, we do not need to lose any more jobs. There is currently 1,700 hourly employee`s and 300 salary employee`s employed at the plant. I`m not counting the satellite plants servicing the huge tire plant. That is another 400-500 people employed. Every politician, I heard, talked about Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. I say, let us try to hold the ones we already have ? "A Bird in Hand is Worth Two in the Bush"! I am in communications with State Rep`s. Holt 76th. Sanderson 77th. They, like you are new kids on the block, (no disrespect intended) They too, believe it is imperitive to SAVE THIS PLANT ! Governor, This City and State need your help ! I am retired from that plant. I have no secret agenda. I just want it to be there and viable for years to come ! Both Terry Tennyson, Goodyear Plant Mgr. Union City and Ricky Waggoner, President USWA Local-878-L are working hand in hand to save this plant. In fact the cooperation between Union and Management, (because of these two men) may be unparalleled in working towards the same goal. I have also been in communications with Congressman Stephen Fincher, District#8-Tennessee. If I can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me. Won`t you please HELP ? I do not have all the answers, but I have some. And surely between all of us, we can SAVE This Plant ? With warmest regard, I remain

Don V. Jones


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received this/His e-mail today 2/08/11 from our Governor !

February 8, 2011

Dear Don,

Thank you for writing to me and sharing your concerns. I appreciate hearing from you. After careful review of your letter, I have determined that the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development is the appropriate agency to address this type of inquiry, and therefore have forwarded your letter to their office for consideration. My administration is committed to providing effective and efficient service. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact my office at
615-253-6913.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I hope to hear from you again on other matters of importance to you.

Warmest regards,

Bill Haslam (R) , Governor Tennessee

Editorial : Dear Gov. Haslam"Thanks for Nothing" ! While Rome Burned...Nero Fiddled ! Why not give him a call ? All you will lose is a phone call ! Waste of your time...? You Bet`Cha ! He passed the BUCK ! He Just Does`nt Care !


















No comments: