Tuesday, June 26, 2012

War to End All War`s ? Have We not Learned from History ?




UNITED STATES in WAR`S
by Underdog = Don Jones


6/26/12



Just some thoughts from an older American ! Perhaps, I`m too old to know anything about anything ?

I am 73 years old. The United States of America, has been at war somewhere on this earth as long, as I can remember. World War II, Korean War, Viet Nam, have I missed any ? President Obama has ended the war in Iraq. He is trying to end the Afghanistan war as I write this. Some politicians want us to invade Iran. Why ? One of my coffee Buddie`s, says it`s the money, another says its the oil ? Some say, it is a religious war ? I pray not ! They may be right ? I`m not sure. I do know, that some of our most precious natural resources, the young men and women who fight these insane wars, are dying at rapid pace. Such a waste. Now, before you get your undies in an uproar, let me just say, I totally support our troops. These young men and women are to be praised and put on a pedestal. They are true patriots. These kids are not the wealthy kids or the sons and daughters of wealthy/rich. Nor, with the exception of Vice-President Joe Biden, our politicians kids are not fighting for this great country. I really do not know, how to feel about that. One of my coffee shop philosopher's, informed there were more civilian contractors than there were troops ? Some made more than $100,000.00 per year tax-free ? If I were a military person, I don`t think that would set well with me ! In fact, how dare us to that to our military. I think there are reasons to go to war ! I just have not heard or seen one in a very longtime. Lets just say, for the sake of discussion, the next war, we send all the politicians and wealthy kids first. Uh, war is over before it begins. I`m not sure who said "War is Hell" ? they were correct. Last night in Afghanistan 24 American military were blown up and killed. "Hey ya wanna go fishin tomorrow ? My point being, we Americans are almost totally uninvolved. With the exception of the nightly news. We cannot keep being in a war of political necessity. The price is too high ! Inform the next dictator/leader, whatever, we will not invade them. However, if they continue to feel froggy, we will annihilate them off the face of the earth. There will be no second chance ! One annihilation. Our message will be perfectly clear. I realize this is not going to happen. But, it could. The next time our Government wants to invade another country, Lets just say, for the sake of discussion, the next war, we send all the politicians and wealthy kids first. Uh, war is over before it begins. "God Bless America"!
"Stick a Fork in Me, I`m Done"!


"Loyalty to Country, Always. Loyalty to the Government when it Deserves it." !


"Democracy...is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch"!

Liberty...is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.


Fiat Lux

No comments: