Thursday, May 20, 2010

Radio WCMT ~ Listen Carefully, Not Unbiased !

Talk Radio Has Responsibity...
by Don Jones

This morning, I was listening to the radio, WCMT 101.3 fm, http://www.wcmt.com/staff.php

A show called "Goodtimes in the Morning" with Chris and Paul ! I listen to get the latest local news and gossip ! It is actually entertaining at times, and on occasion even informative ! There is a local physician who calls in regularly and gives his opinion on almost everything. Most of the time, he is entertaining not informative. This morning he made another of his outrageous statements in regard to our government. Not only was it not accurate, it was not true. He said, and I will try to stay as accurate as I can remember. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, knew in advance of the Japanese attack on Pear Harbor, and did nothing, so we the USA would get into the second world war. Just let me say, That I think this is totally irresponsible. This is his opinion with no hard facts. "I think it was Dwight Eisenhower, he was a mere Major and wanted to rise to a five 5 star General and then President of these United States " ! Now, I said what I did to illustrate how ridiculous, Some people`s statements are. Of course, My statement is not true. Now this radio station is a right wing republican radio station. I know that. How ? They carry Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity hours on hours everyday. They do not carry Jim Hightower, Left wing Democratic commentator. Did you notice, I used the term "Commentator" Not News ! Please do not misunderstand, I know the President and General Manager of this station, he`s a pretty nice guy and a very hard worker. However, he is not unbiased ! Yes, he is entitled to his opinion, but, so am I ! If this radio station wants to be a service to the community, let them broadcast both sides, not just the Republican right wing side ! After all, there are two sides to every issue ! This station chooses to give but one side ! WCMT, put on Jim Hightower > http://www.jimhightower.com/ <, commentator ! As for our local physician who calls regularly, most of us are aware that he should not be taken seriously ! This writer`s opinion !

No comments: