Monday, October 12, 2009

Health Care & The VEBA`s ?...10/12/09

Health Care Reform & The VEBA`S...
by : Don Jones...10/12/09

During this long debate on Reforming Health Care, I have heard very little in regard to the many existing Volunteer Eemployee's Benefit's Association`s (VEBA) and this health care reform will affect these VEBA`S ? I`m certain, it will affect them, the question is will it be a positive or negative impact ? Those Retired United Steelworkers of America (USWA) and United Auto Workers (UAW) perhaps it is time, you found out ? As I understand it, health care reform, will affect those of us retired and members of these VEBA`S ? I`d almost laugh, if it was`nt so tragic, but I believe this reform will affect us ! It is just a matter of how ? They call them Volunteer Employee`s Benefits association`s , I did`nt volunteer, did you ? I do know that, if this money in the VEBA`S is not replenished, it will soon be all gone ! It must be invested and money made on the investment. Looking at the stock market today, I cringe at that very thought. The Health Insurance Company`s are in control at the moment. That alone should worry you. Does me ! Goodyear has negotiated all of us retiree`s away. They handle my pension alone now. I`m sure CEO Bob Keegan is trying to figure out a way to get that, as well as my health benefits. I do not know who to tell you to contact in regard to your/our VEBA, perhaps Jerry Ivey or David Nelson (731)885-6641 ? Or Their local`s web-site > http://www.local878l.com/ < Or maybe Cong. John Tanner >(731)885-7070 or his site http://wwwhouse.gov/tanner You can be sure of one thing though, someone on wall street is trying to figure out how to get their hands on your/our VEBA money.

No comments: